Location: Colchester, CT (Wizard of Paws)
- Event Details
- Course Details
- Learning Objectives
- Additional Info
- Reviews (0)
Manual Therapy is a specialized treatment approach that consists of hands-on techniques including joint mobilization, massage, and other interventions designed to mobilize joints, activate muscles, connective tissues, and stimulate nerves in order to facilitate healing and restore optimal function. This program is designed to teach canine rehabilitation practitioners’ canine peripheral joint and spinal biomechanics, and manual therapy techniques inclusive of joint mobilization, massage, and range of motion. Our courses are designed to provide clinicians with practical techniques that will change the way they practice and help patients achieve maximal outcomes.
This course is Part II in the CCMT program. – (check-offs are required to pass the course)
November 10-12, 2023 - (Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
8:00am, Course 9:00am - 5:00pm
Wizard of Paws
155 Westchester Road
Colchester, CT 06415 - map - #860-267-9191 – email@example.com
Hotel for attendee’s (room blocks available until specified dates)
Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury– 85 Glastonbury Blvd, Glastonbury, CT 06033
Cut OFF Date for rate 10/10/23 - Cancellation 48 HRS prior to check in / Call #877-782-9444 use group code: NSNOV or @ Booking Link
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham – 1954 Norwich New London Tpke., Uncasville, CT 06382
Cut OFF Date for rate 10/23/23 - Cancellation 24 HRS prior to check in - Booking Link
Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun – 2049 Norwich-New London Tpke., Uncasville, CT 06382
Cut OFF Date for rate 10/16/23 - Cancellation 48 HRS prior to check in - Booking Link - Click “BOOK NOW” box - ENTER DATES - or Call Hyatt Reservations at 800-233-1234. - reference stay Dates _11/9-12/23 / Group Name: Northeast Seminar and the special rate code: G-NE11
Alternate suggestion only (no room block @ below hotel,):
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Hartford South/Glastonbury
65 Glastonbury Boulevard
Glastonbury, CT 06033
#860-652-8111 – Fax#860-652-8333 – www.hartfordsouthglastonbury.homewoodsuites.com
- Complimentary Parking
- Bradley International Airport is approx. 25 minutes or 18 miles from the hotel.
- Taxi is approx. $57.00 one way.
Start date: November 10, 2023
End date: November 12, 2023
Start time: 09:00 a.m. EDT
End time: 05:00 p.m. EDT
Venue: Wizard of Paws
Address: 155 Westchester Road Colchester, CT 06415
David Levine, PT, PhD, DPT, CCAT, CCRP, Debbie (Gross) Torraca, DPT, MSPT, Diplomat ABPTS, CCAT, CCRP, Matthew Brunke, DVM, DACVSMR, CCAT, CCRP
Big Barker, Multi Radiance Medical – Veterinary, Assisi Animal Health, PiezoWave VET, Vetoquinol
At the completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Accurately palpate selected boney segments and landmarks, muscles, ligaments, and other soft tissues.
- Describe various selected manual therapy techniques including massage/soft tissue mobilization and joint mobilization
- Discuss the precautions and contraindications for various manual therapy techniques (massage/soft tissue mobilization and joint mobilization)
- Demonstrate on a patient selected range of motion exercises including: cervical motion, thoracic motion, lumbar motion, digit motion, carpal motion, elbow motion, shoulder motion, hock motion, stifle motion, and hip motion.
- Demonstrate on a patient selected massage/soft tissue mobilizations including supraspinatus/biceps, scapular entrapment, iliopsoas (diagnostic and therapeutic), gracilis and hamstring muscle mobilization.
- Demonstrate on a patient selected joint mobilizations of the shoulder, elbow, carpus, metacarpals, digits, hip, stifle, tarsus, metatarsals, and digits to include patient and therapist positioning, hand placement, and grade/direction of force applied.
- Discuss outcome measures and assessment techniques to guide the treatment progression
- Integrate manual therapy into the overall treatment program
PrerequisitesCompletion of CCMT I online. DVMs, LVTs, PTs, DCs (American Veterinary Chiropractic Association) must all have completed (or have completed the majority) of their CCRP or CCRT/CCRA training.
CertificationsHours: 24 Hours
- Seminar includes handouts and coffee breaks.
- Course related products (if any) will be available at the course, however, in a limited quantity.
- Certificates of Attendance will be given to all participants and may be used for those who need C.E.U. verification and credits.
- Participants will be required to sign a Release of Liability prior to the commencement of this seminar.
- Location, Instructor, Dates and Cost of seminar are subject to change.
- For group rate accommodations, please call hotel directly and be sure to mention Northeast Seminars. A limited number of rooms are reserved for participants, when available, on a first-come, first-served basis. Within 30 days of the course, rooms and/or rates may no longer be available. If course is to be held at a facility, Northeast only provides suggested hotels nearby for room accommodations.
Portions Copyright© Northeast Seminars Inc. All rights reserved.
There are no reviews yet.