Location: Wizard of Paws, Colchester, CT
The program is delivered in a hybrid format of online lecture, hands on lab sessions, case studies and an online exam. This course is the Part II Hands-on Labs.
Another lab date coming soon….
Out of stock
- Event Details
- Course Details
- Learning Objectives
- Additional Info
- Reviews (0)
This portion of the course will provide the student with lecture and hands-on experience. Participants are guided through the evaluation and diagnostic principles of myofascial trigger points, how to select the correct treatment option and how to successfully implement that treatment protocol in a clinical setting.
There will be palpation labs on live dogs, the opportunity to learn and implement effective diagnosis and treatment plans and aftercare. Selected equipment such as therapeutic laser, extracorporal shockwave, kinesiology tape and other relevant modalities will be available as treatment options.
Topics covered and learning objectives: an effective exam tailored at myofascial dysfunction, including posture and gait analysis, palpation techniques, diagnostics, all treatment options which will be demonstrated and then implemented by the students, after care and treatment plans.
Case studies will be discussed and assigned at this time. 3 case studies will be required within 90 days of the conclusion of the lab session.
Wet lab / practical curriculum:
Day 1 Overview:
We will begin with a review of the textbook and online coursework. Day one will focus on the fore limb and neck to include palpation techniques, diagnosis, and treatment, which include laser, shock wave, trigger point therapy, myofascial therapy and dry needling for those that can. We will also include stretches and demonstrate with dogs.
- Recap of theory including questions
- Upper limb muscles
- Q and A Session and Day 1 Wrap-Up
Day 2 Overview:
Begin with follow up on theory and online coursework for hindlimb muscles. Hindlimb and spinal muscles including palpation techniques, diagnosis, and treatment, which would include laser, shock wave, kinesiology taping, trigger point therapy, myofascial therapy and dry needling for those that can. We will also include stretches and demo them on the dogs. Time will also be spent providing an overview of case study submission, guidelines, and expectations. We will conclude the lab course with a final Q and A session.
- Recap of theory including questions
- Hindlimb and spinal muscles
- Review and expectations for Case Study submission
- Q and A and conclusion of course
**Certificate of completion for the live lab will be provided at the course.
June 3-4, 2023 - (Saturday - Sunday)
Course 9:00am - 5:00pm both days
Course Location: Wizard of Paws, Colchester, CT
Discounted Hotel Blocks for attendee’s:
- Hilton Garden Inn Hartford South/Glastonbury – 85 Glastonbury Blvd, Glastonbury, CT 06033
Cut OFF Date for rate 5/04/2023 - Cancellation 48 HRS prior to check in - Call #877-782-9444 use group code: NESEM OR group code: NESEMJ - Booking Link
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham – 1954 Norwich New London Tpke., Uncasville, CT 06382
Cut OFF Date for rate 5/22/23 - Cancellation 24 HRS prior to check in - Booking Link
- Hyatt Place Mohegan Sun – 2049 Norwich-New London Tpke., Uncasville, CT 06382Cut OFF Date for rate 5/08/23 - Cancellation 48 HRS prior to check in - Booking Link - Click “BOOK NOW” box - ENTER DATES - Click “BOOK NOW” box - OR Call Hyatt Reservations at 800-233-1234. Reference your stay Dates ________ - Group Name: Northeast Seminar June 23 and the special rate code G-NES6
No Block at this hotel, suggestion only:
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Hartford South/Glastonbury
65 Glastonbury Boulevard
Glastonbury, CT 06033
#860-652-8111 – Fax#860-652-8333 – www.hartfordsouthglastonbury.homewoodsuites.com
- Book discounted sleeping rooms, ask for Group Code NES or call #1-800-CALL-HOME
- Complimentary Parking
- Bradley International Airport is approx. 25 minutes or 18 miles from hotel
- Taxi is approx. $57.00 one way
Start date: June 03, 2023
End date: June 04, 2023
Start time: 09:00 a.m. EDT
End time: 05:00 p.m. EDT
Venue: Wizard of Paws, Colchester, CT
Students of the Myofascial Practitioner Program will be trained on the following subjects, concepts, and competencies:
- Muscle and fascial functional anatomy and physiology
- Myofascial pain syndromes and myofascial trigger point classifications
- Palpation techniques
- Diagnosis and gait analysis
- Needle techniques and other treatment modalities
- Kinesiology taping
- Needle safety and legislation
- Muscle groups – identifying, diagnosing, and treating myofascial trigger points effectively
Upon completion of the Myofascial Practitioner Program, participants will have knowledge and be able to show proficiency in the following concepts:
- Identifying myofascial dysfunction and myofascial trigger points
- Demonstrate effective palpatory and diagnostic techniques specific to myofascial trigger points
- Develop a treatment plan including different treatment options such as myofascial dry needling, laser, extracorporeal shockwave, and other modalities.
- Discuss precautions and contraindications, as well as common reactions to trigger point therapy.
- Demonstrate efficiency and effectivity in the treatment options for their scope of practice.
- Develop a treatment plan and after care guidelines.
The program is open to the following:
- Licensed Veterinary Technicians
- Physical Therapists with documented work experience in the veterinary/animal healthcare field
RACE Program Approval Pending
Program Title: Certified Small Animal Myofascial Practitioner (CSMP) Program – Part II – Live Hands-on Labs
Hours: 14 CE
- Seminar includes handouts and coffee breaks.
- Course related products (if any) will be available at the course, however, in a limited quantity.
- Certificates of Attendance will be given to all participants and may be used for those who need C.E.U. verification and credits.
- Participants will be required to sign a Release of Liability prior to the commencement of this seminar.
- Location, Instructor, Dates and Cost of seminar are subject to change.
- For group rate accommodations, please call hotel directly and be sure to mention Northeast Seminars. A limited number of rooms are reserved for participants, when available, on a first-come, first-served basis. Within 30 days of the course, rooms and/or rates may no longer be available. If course is to be held at a facility, Northeast only provides suggested hotels nearby for room accommodations.
Portions Copyright© Northeast Seminars Inc. All rights reserved.
There are no reviews yet.