This course provides access to the complete Equine Therapy Certification Course (Medical Laser Safety, Science Behind Medical Lasers, & Laser Therapy Principles for the Equine Athlete)
- Course Details
- Learning Objectives
- Reviews (0)
This course provides access to the complete Equine Therapy Certification Course. This course outlines the biological effects of medical lasers for treating common conditions in horses. It covers the effects of medical lasers in the promotion of analgesia, acceleration of wound healing, and reduction of inflammation.
Upon completion of this class, you should be able to:
- Identify the safety risks for lasers
- Describe procedures for safely working with lasers
- Discuss the theory of the production of laser light and radiation.
- Discuss the difference between continuous wave, pulse, super pulse and intermittent laser output.
- Describe the most beneficial model of laser light penetration.
- Define the terminology used in connection with medical lasers.
- Describe how laser therapy promotes analgesia and reduces inflammation
- Explain how laser therapy accelerates wound healing
- Identify proper dosages, settings, and procedures for applying laser therapy
- Describe proper techniques for applying laser therapy
Presented by Ron Riegel, D.V.M. and Robert Splinter, Ph.D.
Includes 3 courses;
- Medical Laser Safety
- The Science Behind Medical Lasers
- Laser Therapy Principles for the Equine Athlete
Medical Laser Safety
Presented by: Robert Splinter, Ph.D.
This course outlines the fundamentals of the safe operation of medical lasers. This media rich presentation provides the user with the guidelines under which a laser can safely be operated. This course provides instruction regarding safe operating distances, proper eye-wear, correct signage, and other items that are critical to the safety of the operator and the patient or subject. (.5 CE hour)
The Science Behind Medical Lasers
Presented by Robert Splinter, Ph.D.
This course outlines the science behind medical lasers. In this course the participant will explore the origins of lasers, the physics behind lasers, the basic components all lasers share and the theory behind the selection of lasers for therapeutic and medical applications. (1 CE Hour)
Laser Therapy Principles for the Equine Athlete
Presented by Ron Riegel, DVM
This course outlines the biological effects of medical lasers for treating common conditions in equine athletes. It covers the effects of medical lasers in the promotion of analgesia, acceleration of wound healing, and reduction of inflammation. There are demonstrations for treating a variety of disorders concerning the head, cervical region, shoulder, carpals, metacarpals, fetlock, hoof, back, hip, stifle, hock, and others. (1.5 CE Hours)
AAVSB RACE Approval
This program has been approved for 3 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions which recognize AAVSB RACE approval; however participants should be aware that some boards have limitations on the number of hours accepted in certain categories and/or restrictions on certain methods of delivery of continuing education. Call AIMLA (937.642.9813) for further information.