North Carolina State University
Certified Canine strength and conditioning coach (CSCC)
The Certified Canine Strength and Conditioning Coach (CSCC) program is intended for professionals that want to understand and implement proper canine training techniques, foundational training, exercises specific to canine movement, safe and effective use of equipment, and program design specific to each individual client’s needs.
The CSCC program presents real world applications for the concepts of canine fitness and functional exercise. Using a hybrid format of online lecture and hands-on training will enhance the learning process of the most important canine fitness and exercise concepts.
The CSCC program will give you the knowledge and hands-on applications to be able to design safe and effective exercise plans that are specific to a dog’s structure and activities.
A key component to the program includes creating a comprehensive canine conditioning plan that will implement the following;
- Strength and balance exercises
- Exercises specific to the dog’s needs
- Sprint and/or endurance work
- Sport and activity specific exercises
- Flexibility exercise
- Mental challenges
CSCC II - Hands-on Live Lab Dates
Why our program?
Our program offers the following advantages:
- If you are looking for a program that presents real world application for the concepts of canine fitness, strength and conditioning, the CSCC program is for you.
- Commitment to presenting the most up to date, comprehensive curriculum that provides a strong foundation to develop a results-driven program that utilizes a standardized fitness assessment on which to build and improve the practices of canine fitness, strength and conditioning.
- The CSCC program is delivered in a hybrid format of preparatory online lectures that can be started at any time. Followed with a hands-on lab session, case studies and online final exam.
- Instruction by faculty that specialize in canine fitness, exercise, functional exercise, strength and conditioning.
- Promotion of safe and effective practices in canine fitness, exercise, strength and conditioning training.
After successful completion of the CSCC program, students will be able to demonstrate the following;
- An understanding of correct canine exercise form
- The ability to train desired exercises and movements
- Canine fitness foundation exercises
- The understanding of evaluating posture
- How to choose correct exercises for a specific dog
- The knowledge of repetitions, sets, and exercise variables
- Design an exercise program for the individual client
- Be able to teach mock group classes and/or private lesson, and provide instructions on how to teach the exercise, and what to look for to achieve correct form
Prerequisites and Intended Audience
Intended Audience: We have students from a variety of backgrounds in canine fitness, exercise, dog training and other related fields that enroll in our program. Student backgrounds include (but not limited to):
Certified Dog Trainers
Dock Diving Professionals
Canine Exercise and Fitness Trainers
Field Trial Professionals
Military and Police Background
Search and Rescue Professionals
Veterinarians / Veterinary Technicians
Canine Physiotherapy Professionals