The program is delivered in a hybrid format of online lecture, hands on lab sessions, case studies and an online exam. This course is the Part III Online Exam.
After successful completion of CSMP I and CSMP II (including case studies), you are eligible to take the online examination to receive your CSMP certification.
Students of the Myofascial Practitioner Program will be trained on the following subjects, concepts, and competencies:
- Muscle and fascial functional anatomy and physiology
- Myofascial pain syndromes and myofascial trigger point classifications
- Palpation techniques
- Diagnosis and gait analysis
- Needle techniques and other treatment modalities
- Kinesiology taping
- Needle safety and legislation
- Muscle groups – identifying, diagnosing, and treating myofascial trigger points effectively
Upon completion of the Myofascial Practitioner Program, participants will have knowledge and be able to show proficiency in the following concepts:
- Identifying myofascial dysfunction and myofascial trigger points
- Demonstrate effective palpatory and diagnostic techniques specific to myofascial trigger points
- Develop a treatment plan including different treatment options such as myofascial dry needling, laser, extracorporeal shockwave, and other modalities.
The program is open to the following:
- Licensed Veterinary Technicians
- Physical Therapists with documented work experience in the veterinary/animal healthcare field
After receiving a passing score on the final online examination, your certificate from the University will be sent to you via USPS.