All core courses must be completed and case studies accepted prior to sitting for the exam. The exam is required for all students.
Students in one of the fields mentioned earlier are not eligible to take this exam until they have successfully completed their degree program.
The Written online exam will be available on the following “open exam week’s” :
Remember to select your open date: –
2023 exam dates (all Monday through Sunday)
June 5-11, 2023 (cases due May 1st, 2023)
November 6-12, 2023 (cases due October 1st, 2023)
You are eligible to take the CCAT exam if you have completed below:
- Completed CCAT courses I-IV
- Completed the 40 hour externship and passed the 5 case studies required for CCAT IV
The CCAT Exam will be administered in 2 steps.
We want to keep the process simple, organized and secure.
Below are the details:
Step 1: Written exam. The written exam is a secure, timed online exam.
The Written online exam will be available on the following “open exam week’s” in 2023: (select the week you plan to take the written)
The exam link will be added to your online dashboard ( where you accessed your online CCAT Course I and II) on midnight of the first open day and close at midnight on the last day of the week.
For example the June exam will open at Midnight EST on June 5th and close on Friday June 11th at Midnight EST.
- The exam link will be active during this open exam date- once you activate the link the exam is timed and will shut off.
- You have 3 hours to complete the online exam.
- The exam will be auto corrected and your results will be emailed us. We will contact you to schedule your practical exam.
- If you do not pass your first attempt you will be able to transfer to a future open exam week for a retake.
- If you do not access the exam during the open exam week you sign up for you will be able to transfer to a future open exam week for a retake.
Step 2: Practical exam.
Your written exam will be auto corrected and your results will be emailed to me.
- We will e-mail you and a CCAT Examiner to schedule your 1 on 1 practical exam.
- A zoom meeting will be scheduled for your practical exam. You will present a case study, summarize your state practice acts and complete a practical exam.
- We will e-mail you the instructions and format for your practical exam with your written results.
- Your CCAT Examiner will e-mail me your results and I will notify you and send you paperwork to finish out your CCAT.
- If you do not pass the practical you will be given a chance to retake the practical.
Kirsten Oliver, VN, DipAVN (Surgical), CVT, CCRP, CVPP, VTS (Physical Rehabilitation), David Levine, PT, PhD, DPT, Debbie (Gross) Torraca, DPT, MSPT, Diplomat ABPTS, CCRP, Denis Marcellin-Little, MS, DVM, DACVS, Matthew Brunke, DVM, DACVSMR, CCRP
- Participant must be a Veterinarian, Veterinary Technician, Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, or Occupational Therapist.
- Actively students in one of the approved fields of study must successfully complete their course of study before they can take the examination.
- Successful completion of CCAT I-IV.
Portions Copyright© Northeast Seminars Inc. All rights reserved.